Home     About Me     Recipes     Blogs I Read     Contact

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Strawberry-Mint Spritzer


When it comes to alcoholic beverages, I'm a pretty simple person.  Just give me a beer or a vodka tonic with a splash of cranberry, and I'm happy.  No overly-sweet, fruity cocktails for me!

However, a few weeks ago, I was actually craving a fizzy, sweet drink, and I immediately remembered a strawberry-mint cocktail that I ordered from a restaurant a long time ago.  However, I can't remember which restaurant served this drink!  I vaguely remember drinking it, and enjoying it, but the restaurant name is not coming to mind.  Keep in mind, the visit to this restaurant was a LONG time ago.

Luckily, I've recreated the drink and no longer need to remember this un-named restaurant to enjoy it.  It's very simple to make at home and is so refreshing!  This concoction of Prosecco, sake, strawberries, and mint results in an slightly bubbly, refreshing cocktail.  I may not be a huge fan of sweet, fruity drinks, but I could definitely get used to this one!


Strawberry-Mint Spritzer
Print this recipe
Yield:  4 drinks

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
Fresh strawberries, greens removed
About 24 mint leaves
2 cups ice
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup Prosecco
1 cup sake

Directions:
Stir sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.  Increase heat and bring to boil.  Remove from heat and let cool.

Slice strawberries thinly; place 1/2 cup of strawberry slices in the bottom of a glass pitcher.  Using your hands, tear mint leaves into small pieces and add to the pitcher.  Using a large wooden spoon, muddle the strawberries and mint together.  Add ice.

Pour in lemon juice, Prosecco, sake, and additional sliced strawberries.  Stir briefly to combine; add simple syrup to taste.  Divide among 4 glasses and serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Spring is on it's way and even though it has not been a particularly hard winter our thoughts are turning to warm weather and summer evenings on the boat. This look like a perfect refreshment! Strawberry and mint is lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a total strawberry junkie :) can't wait to try this very summery looking cocktail!

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete