Home     About Me     Recipes     Blogs I Read     Contact

Friday, February 24, 2012

Sauteed Chicken with Wild Mushrooms


I'm so glad the weekend is here!  I definitely feel ready for it, after such a long week.  Since school has started again, my weekdays have been pretty full, and on top of that, I've been busy with preparations for applying to nursing programs.  Thankfully, I don't have any major plans this weekend so I'll have plenty of time to RELAX!

Another thing about my weekends that I look forward to is being able to spend time in the kitchen, trying out new recipes.  While I'm a little more cautious about what I eat on the weekdays, on the weekends I tend to gravitate toward recipes that seem comforting, and occasionally, indulgent.

This Sauteed Chicken with Wild Mushrooms recipe is the definition of comfort food.  It's chicken, coated in porcini mushroom powder, cooked with mushrooms, beans, garlic, and rosemary, served with a Marsala-based sauce over a bed of orzo. 

It's delicious.

Oh, and did I mention, it also has truffle butter?  How could it NOT be good?!

I found this recipe in my Bon Appetit magazine (Jan 2012 issue) in a section featuring recipes from other restaurants--this particular recipe coming from Pearl Bar & Dining in Bellevue, WA.  So far, everything I've tried from Bon Appetit magazine has not disappointed me.  I guess it's pretty safe to say that I will definitely be renewing my subscription next year!



Sauteed Chicken with Wild Mushrooms
Print this recipe

Recipe from Bon Appetit Magazine - Jan 2012 issue
Yield:  2 servings

Ingredients:
8 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tsp porcini powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 cup assorted sliced mushrooms (such as crimini and oyster)
1/4 cup drained canned white beans
1 garlic clove, minced
Pinch of minced fresh rosemary
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp Marsala
2 Tbsp truffle butter
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
Orzo or steamed rice

Directions:
Season chicken with porcini powder, salt, and pepper.  Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Saute chicken until golden and almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.  Transfer to a plate.

Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in the same skillet; add mushrooms, beans, garlic, and rosemary and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown.  Stir in chicken broth, Marsala, and chicken strips; simmer until reduced by half, 3-4 minutes.  Stir in truffle butter and unsalted butter. 

Serve chicken and sauce over orzo or steamed rice.

Notes:
  • Porcini powder can be found at specialty food stores; if you can't find the powder, you may purchase dried porcini mushrooms and grind into a powder using a spice mill or mortar and pestle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment