Home     About Me     Recipes     Blogs I Read     Contact

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lemon Salmon with Lima Beans


Here is another successful recipe from my Food Network magazine.  We are big salmon lovers in this house, so I was pretty sure that we would enjoy this dish, no matter how it turned out!

Lemon and salmon is a pretty flawless combination, but I am actually pretty unfamiliar with lima beans.  I don't eat them, I don't cook with them...and until the other night, they did not exist in my kitchen.  Luckily, this recipe opened my eyes up to lima beans!  It was the perfect accompaniment to the salmon, and simmered with garlic, oregano, and red pepper, these beans were full of flavor.

This is another quick and healthy weeknight meal.  I was able to whip this entire dish up within 30 minutes, so it's a great go-to recipe on days when you don't have a lot of time but still want to eat a home-cooked meal.

And, not that I care about watching weight/calories, but for those of you that are, you may be happy to know that one serving of this dish is only 340 calories.  Wow!  I guess on nights when I cook this, I will have to balance my night out with a pretty hefty dessert.  LOL


Lemon Salmon with Lima Beans
Print this recipe

Recipe from The Food Network Magazine - Jan/Feb 2012 issue
Yield:  4 servings

Ingredients:
1 lemon, halved
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
3/4 tsp paprika
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3/4 tsp dried oregano
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 1-pound bag frozen baby lima beans
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
4 5-ounce skinless center-cut salmon fillets

Directions:
Slice 1 lemon half into 4 thin rounds and set aside.  Grate the zest of the other lemon half and set aside; squeeze some of the juice into a bowl and mix in the yogurt and 1/4 tsp paprika.


Preheat the broiler.  Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a medium saucepan and add the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes.  Cook until the garlic is golden, about 2 minutes.  Add the lima beans, 1 1/2 cups water and the lemon zest; partially cover the pan, bring to a simmer and cook until the beans are tender, about 20 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper.  Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, 1 Tbsp of the yogurt mixture, and the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil.

Meanwhile, mix the remaining 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl.  Sprinkle all over the salmon; arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet and top each fillet with a lemon slice.  Broil until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.  Serve with the lima beans and top with the yogurt mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment