Home     About Me     Recipes     Blogs I Read     Contact

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken



After yesterday's post, I just had to follow up with a great way to use the amazing barbecue sauce, so I'm sharing with you a simple recipe for slow cooked BBQ chicken.  I love making dinners in my slow cooker!  I can just throw the ingredients in and forget about it, and it always results in tender, juicy chicken.  Of course, with this sauce, you really can't go wrong!

This recipe requires very few ingredients.  Just onions, chicken, and the barbecue sauce.  The barbecue sauce lends so many flavors to the dish, you really don't need much else.  Served with a side of corn bread, this was the perfect meal for a relaxing night in.

Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken

Ingredients:
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced into half moons
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
Layer the onions in the bottom of a slow cooker.  Place chicken on top of onions.  Pour barbecue sauce over the chicken.  Cover the slow cooker and cook on low until the chicken is fork-tender and the sauce has slightly thickened, about 5-6 hours.  


No comments:

Post a Comment