Home     About Me     Recipes     Blogs I Read     Contact

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sweetheart Cookies


Sweetheart cookies are made on a regular basis in my house, so pretty much anyone who knows me well has tasted these cookies at least once.  This is my go-to recipe for parties, unexpected visitors, or just because.  Not only are they delicious and pretty to look at, but they are so simple and easy to make!  They require only a few ingredients which I almost always have on hand, so they can be made at a moments notice.

I first made these cookies years ago, after purchasing the 2003 Taste of Home Christmas Cookies recipe booklet that I found while waiting in line at the grocery store.  Who knew that in that booklet was this gem of a recipe (along with many other great ones)!  The $4.00 spent on that recipe booklet was the best $4.00 I've ever spent!  I've made this recipe too many times to count.  In fact, so many times that I have the recipe memorized.


These sweet, buttery cookies have the perfect texture.  They are light and crispy, and contain a well of tart raspberry jam.  I'm excited to share these cookies with you all, because they are the most requested cookie recipe I own, and did I mention, these are SO SIMPLE!

I made these cookies this weekend, after learning that we would be having some friends over to visit.  Since these friends were from out of town, I wanted to make something special to serve to them upon their arrival.  I immediately knew these sweetheart cookies would be perfect.  In less than one hour, I had these cookies baked, dishes washed, and ready to serve!  Our friends loved them, and of course, the cookies were finished by the end of the night!
Try these cookies!  It's a quick, simple recipe, and a great addition to your recipe collection.  I guarantee they will become a favorite in your home too!


Sweetheart Cookies

Yield:  about 2 dozen cookies
Recipe from Taste of Home's Christmas Cookies (2003 edition)

Due to copyright policies, I am unable to re-post the recipe directly on this blog, but please follow the "Get this recipe" link above to access the Sweetheart Cookie recipe from the Taste of Home website.

Notes:
  • I always use Knott's seedless raspberry jam, for best results.

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful cookies!
    They look perfect - lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Winnie: Thanks! I think it's impossible for these cookies not to look good...that's why I love them so much! They are a never-fail recipe for me.

    ReplyDelete