Home     About Me     Recipes     Blogs I Read     Contact

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Golden Artichoke Chicken Bake



Yesterday Jordan turned 2 months old!  People always tell you how "time flies" and "they grow up so fast" when you have kids, and I can definitely see what they mean now.  Already, he looks so different than he did when he was first born, and he's gotten a lot bigger!  12 pounds, 4 ounces; he's in the 50th percentile for his age in weight.  In the last month, Tony and I have noticed how he focuses a lot more, and tends to follow you with his eyes pretty well.  Also, as of last week he is finally beginning to smile!  I notice he smiles a lot first thing in the morning when we wake up and talk to him, and when I play patti-cake with him.  I can't wait to see what new milestones this next month will bring!


I mentioned in my last post how I've been trying to manage making simple dinners since I'm home alone with Jordan now.  Well, today's recipe is one of those simple dishes.  This Golden Chicken Artichoke Bake is EXTREMELY easy.  It only uses a few ingredients and has practically no prep work.  It's the perfect thing to make when you just don't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.  

Tony loves to eat any form of lean-meat, like chicken, so I'm always keeping my eye open for new chicken recipes.  We really enjoyed this one; the green salsa and cumin gives it a Latin flavor with just a hint of spiciness.  I didn't include the olives (Tony HATES olives), but feel free to stick to the original recipe if you'd like.  I think the olives would provide a good, complimentary flavor to the dish.  


Golden Chicken Artichoke Bake
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 can golden mushroom soup (I used Campbell's "savory portobello mushroom soup for easy cooking")
3/4 cup fire-roasted green salsa
1/4 tsp. cumin
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained (optional)

Directions:
Arrange chicken in 9x9 baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  While chicken is cooking, combine soup, salsa, and cumin in a mixing bowl, set aside.  Remove chicken from oven; place artichokes around chicken.  Pour soup mixture over chicken and sprinkle with olives, return to oven and cook for 25 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment