Home     About Me     Recipes     Blogs I Read     Contact

Friday, September 30, 2011

Mango Avocado Salsa


Can you believe we're already coming up to week four of the football season?  It's been an exciting year so far.  Some players have had a great three weeks:  Cam Newton, the rookie quarterback, has made an pretty impressive start to his first NFL season, and Tom Brady has been playing amazing!  However, there's been letdowns as well; specifically, the fact that Peyton Manning (arguably the best quarterback in the NFL) probably won't play this season because of his neck injury.  

After really watching football for the last few years, I've gotten familiar with players and teams, and established by my own terms who I like and dislike.
I like to watch San Diego Chargers (#1), Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, and Minnesota Vikings.
I dislike Pittsburgh Steelers, Miami Dolphins, and the New Orleans Saints.
Why?...I have my reasons.  Not good reasons, but they're reasons.  I'll spare you the details for now.

After such a great start, I'm definitely looking forward to watching more exciting games throughout the rest of the season!  AND let's hope my fantasy team starts playing better (currently 1-2).  

My boyfriend and I spent the last weekend watching football while devouring a new salsa recipe I tried.  I can't wait to share this recipe with you because it is the perfect accompaniment to Sunday football.  But, even if you're not a football fan, there's still no reason why you can't enjoy this tasty snack.  This mango-avocado salsa is one of the most addicting salsa recipes you will find.  I guarantee it.  It doesn't even last a day in our fridge because it's so good!  My mom actually gave this recipe to me about a month ago, because she and my dad loved it so much.  Not only do the sweetness of the mango and freshness of the avocado blend together perfectly, but the variety of colors they give to the salsa makes it look so appetizing!  The best part is, it is SO easy to throw together.  Please give this recipe a try; just be prepared to make extra batches, because it won't last long.



Mango Avocado Salsa

Ingredients:
1 mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
4 medium tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
 1/2 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped red onion
3 Tbsp olive oil

Directions:
In a medium bowl, combine the mango, avocado, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic.  Stir in the salt, lime juice, red onion, and olive oil.  To blend the flavors, refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.  
Serve with tortilla chips or use on white fish, such as tilapia.

2 comments:

  1. This is my summer favorite salad. I usually add some shrimps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this on Tasting Spot! Looks so good! Sweet and tasty!

    ReplyDelete